LABORATORY TECHNICAL ASSISTANT
The Shahmoradian lab at the UT Southwestern Medical Center O’Donnell Brain Institute is seeking a full-time Laboratory Technical Assistant to perform daily cell culturing and help order lab supplies. No experience is required. You will receive training in these areas, as necessary. We are an inclusive environment that welcomes diversity.
- Cell culturing (daily) using a fixed, standard protocol. These are special cells that require daily care and some weekend work.
- Ordering/re-ordering of supplies as indicated by other lab members.
- Punctual and reliable
- Excellent fine motor skills (drawing, painting, crafts, video games, etc)
- Ability to replicate written/verbal protocols precisely
- High attention to detail
- Good note-taking skills
- Good record-keeping ability
- High school / GED diploma
- 1-2 professional work references
- Several employee benefits including free health insurance for full-time staff, and excellent coverage for dependents
- Ranked No. 1 in the world among healthcare institutions in biomedical sciences (Nature Index 2019)
- Highly collaborative and inclusive environment encompassing the entire spectrum of basic, translational, and clinical research
The Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex is home to:
- Top educational school systems in Texas and the nation
- Dallas Arts District, the largest contiguous urban arts district in the United States, covering contiguous ~120 acres (0.5 square kilometer)
- “Deep Ellum”, the live music capital of North Texas and a hub for the performing arts from theater to comedy
- Several parks and lakes great for boating and camping
- Multitude of great dining and shopping options
- Central location in the US, with easy access to major international airport and a smaller national airport